The Balancing Act of Motherhood
Trying to balance my life can be a struggle, though sometimes the best things in life are worth the fight.
Oct 18, 2010
What kind of mom.......
When I became a mother, I learned what true, unconditional love really was.  I have lost all focus on myself, and turned it toward my children.  I see other parents that care very little for their children, and they also don't listen to one another.  I never want to be like that.  Even though I run a "tight ship" so to speak, my children know that they can come to me for anything and I will be there to listen.  More importantly, I can also tell by their mood, when you need to ask them if something is wrong.  More often then not, a flood of words come out along with tears and they need a shoulder to cry on.  They aren't looking for advice, or someone to judge them, they are just looking for comfort and someone to listen. 
I try to have the children be involved in the house as a family.  We sit down at the dinner table to do homework, we do chores, we eat meals at them table without the TV blaring, and we go and do things as a family.  I want to be involved in their life, to help them when they need it, but more importantly, to just be there for them.
I don't know the future or how they will turn out in the end, they will make their own choices, but I do hope that with the way I raised them they will be good ones.  I am just so blessed to have these children and I hope that one day they, themselves will understand the joy of it all.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment