The Balancing Act of Motherhood
Trying to balance my life can be a struggle, though sometimes the best things in life are worth the fight.
Oct 27, 2010
Pain and Motherhood
When you become a mom, it seems like you are not allowed to get sick, hurt, or even have a headache.  I recently had a chiropractor tell me not to lift or move my left arm much because I messed up some tendons and some other things in it.  I looked at him, smiled, and told him that I will try my best but there are no guarantees.  After all, I do have a two year old!

No matter what, when you are a mom, you still have responsibilities to take care of.  It doesn't matter if you are so sick that you can barely walk, your kids need to get to school, your man has to work, and you have to just suck it up and deal with it.  You do what you must to keep the house going.  The only thing you don't do is all the extra house cleaning and things that can wait until later.  Now if your man is really nice, he will try to cook you some dinner and tell the kids to not bug you.  Then he will help with the homework, the showers, and all of that.  I feel though that things just don't get done the same and things always seem to be forgotten about.

I do have a trick up my sleeve for not getting sick though.  During cold and flu season, when I see that my kids are sick and I haven't showed any signs of it, yet, I take prenatal vitamins, and that seems to work.  All that extra stuff seems to really help with keeping me healthy, or at the very least, not as bad off as everyone else.

Being injured is different though.  When you are told not to use whatever body part you have hurt, there is nothing anyone can do.  You have all good intention to favor it and take care of it, but there is no way not to use it.  It's just impossible.  Not to use the arm that I hold my son in?  That I lift up his legs to change his butt with?  Use when I am cooking dinner?  Laying him down in bed?  I am trying to do it, but I can tell you now, it's going to be the longest week of my life!

I think when you become a parent, you should become indestructible.  With the way mistakes happen, may they be accidents, or otherwise, in my house, it always seems like it's the mom that gets hurt over the little and sometimes the stupidest things!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment