The Balancing Act of Motherhood
Trying to balance my life can be a struggle, though sometimes the best things in life are worth the fight.
Jul 15, 2010
Fat, Overweight, Muffintop, It's All The Same!
I am overweight by about 120 pounds.  I know after having 3 kids I will never have the same body as before.  These stretchmarks are never going to go away, and the extra skin that I now have is not a bother.  I don't need to dress like a teenager anyway.  I don't mind that part at all.  I have came to the realization though that I do need to "diet" for the sake of my health.  I want to be around long enough to see some grandbabies.  I quit smoking about a year ago and now I am learning new ways to lose weight.

Now, just so you know, I HATE the term "dieting".  Every time I hear that one word it makes me want to eat the biggest pizza around and have ice cream too.  I need to change my eating habits for life, not just for the short term.  I know that in order for me to lose this weight and keep it off I have to be ready for a big change in my life and it will be forever.  It's like being a professional runner.  You either are a sprinter or a marathon runner.  I don't want to sprint to lose the weight, it comes right back when that happens.  Instead, I want to be a marathon weight loser.  So my weight loss will be slow, but I am in it for the long haul.

I am also out of shape being a stay at home mom.  I am working on it though by going for more walks and I know that as I lose the weight, it will be easier for me to work out too.  My kids can help with me getting active, but when it comes to the eating part, well that is a  different story.  It feels like the whole family is conspiring against me with food.  Chris brings home some of the most unhealthiest things that are so tempting that sometimes I just give in.  It also doesn't help when my kids want to make S'mores and the smell of burning marshmallows just about does me in.  Oh and heaven help me when there is Pepsi in the house!!  I need serious support here, and they are just not helping!

So it will be a life change, for my family, because in the end, if I don't help them with their bad eating habits, who will?

I will keep you all posted from time to time about my weight loss, but don't expect much.  I don't own a scale and don't intend to buy one.  I don't need something else telling me to lose weight, my pants say it enough!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment